Teeth – a harmonious system. However, over the years, harmful habits, accidents or other factors may inevitably change this harmony. Fortunately, the achievements of modern dentistry make it possible to regain the beauty and health of a smile. One of the ways is a variety of dental prosthesis techniques. We adapt them to the wishes, needs and opportunities of each patient.
Dental prosthesis is an anatomical form and color restoration of dental tissues. Prosthetics are needed when the tooth can no longer be restored with sealants.
Depending on the condition of the oral cavity and other aspects, both removable and non-removable dentures can be applied to you. There are different types:
|FIXED PROSTHETICS||REMOVABLE PROSTHETICS|
|Dental bridge||Elastic (flexible) plate|
|Partial crown (microprosthetic)||Arch supportive prosthesis|
Both fixed and removable dental prosthetics can be made of precious or base metal alloys, various types of ceramic (porcelain), medical plastics. The material from which the prosthesis will be made depends on the type of prosthesis, the desired aesthetic result and the financial possibilities, so the choice is not only in your doctor’s, but in your hands as well.
Peculiarities of Fixed Dental Prosthetics:
- Most similar to natural teeth;
- Are attached to the remaining healthy human teeth;
- No need to remove, no discomfort;
- Feels like your own teeth;
- Looks very aesthetically-like teeth created by nature;
- Allows you to maximize the chewing function;
- It is slightly more expensive compared with removable dental prosthetics.
Pecularities of Removable Dental Prosthetics:
- They have to be taken out of the mouth to cleanse the food;
- Due to instability, the feeling of a foreign body, the pronunciation difficulties, complexity of chewing food, removable dental prosthetics may take time to get used to.
- They are not very aesthetic, but they are faster produced and cheaper.
Remember that the method of dental prosthesis techniques depends on:
- Size of dental tissue defects;
- Teeth shape;
- Expectations related to aesthetics;
- X-ray and other research data;
- Personal oral hygiene habits, etc.
Not sure what dental prosthesis method is the best for solving your problems? Visit our clinic – we will help you choose the most optimal option, apply the treatment and bring the smile back into harmony!